Saturday, December 6, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

So if you've read my profile, you know that two of my favorite food groups are cheese and chocolate. I know the food pyramid doesn't really support this, but I stand by my taste buds.

Normally I wouldn't think of cheese and chocolate being yummy together, but I could easily eat this entire cheese ball in one seating. The recipe comes from my dear friend Melissa Walker, and was one of the items we had at the Girls Night Christmas Ornament Swap. I'm pretty sure I hovered over it the entire evening.

Ingredients:
1 8oz cream cheese-softened
½ C butter (no substitute)-softened
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¾ C confectioners sugar
2 Tbl brown sugar1
1 1/2 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate graham cracker sticks

Preparation:

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter & vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat until combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in remaining chocolate chips. Serve with graham cracker sticks.