Monday, December 28, 2009

Some Like it Hot

I’ve been craving a lot of Buffalo wings lately (no, I’m not pregnant). Not really sure why—other than the fact that they are awesome. You know what’s even awesomer—ahem, more awesome…Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s everything you love about hot wings, minus the mess. I first saw the recipe in Taste of Home magazine but in my pre-Christmas cleaning frenzy, I apparently threw it away. So I Googled it (of course), searched through at least 100 versions that all claimed to be “the best” and finally settled on this one. How I have never heard of this before is BEYOND me. It was such a hit the first time I served it (to a bunch of hungry guys during a football game--no brainer), I made it twice in one week during Christmas. Sadly, no pictures of this one. You’ll just have to trust me.

Ultimate Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Adapted from Adrienne Bailey, Mary England and Susie Cromer Clements

1 cup Ranch dressing
¾ cup chopped red onion
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded OR one rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce (adjust to your tastes)
2 cups shredded Cheddar
Tortilla Chips and celery for dipping

Directions
1. Saute red onion in butter until tender (about 10 minutes); remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, half of shredded cheddar and sauted onions.
3. Mix thoroughly and pour into baking dish.
4. Sprinkle remaining cheddar on top.
5. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
6. Serve with tortilla chips and celery.


*Adrienne’s note said this goes best with a nice cold beer, and I must say, I agree (preferably, Stella).

2 comments:

  1. Buffalo Chicken cravings must be in the air because I recently made one two! Crazy how similar ours are two. Next time I will try red onions, spicy and crunchy-yum! Here's my version: http://laptopsandstovetops.blogspot.com/2010/01/creamy-buffalo-chicken-dip-bbq-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes this. It is a family fav.

    ReplyDelete