Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birmingham Restaurant Week

The first-EVER Birmingham Restaurant Week is officially here! Well ok, it actually starts tomorrow…but last night, Birmingham foodies were in full-force at the Preview Party at Hotel Highland (benefiting Railroad Park, opening Saturday!) where participating restaurants gave us just a taste of what we have to look forward to. And Birmingham, we are in for a treat.

Folks from Jinsei, making the magic happen - Mini Kadoma Tuna

I just have to say how much it made my YEAR when I saw the announcement on Twitter that Birmingham was launching it’s first Restaurant Week. I’ve been fortunate enough to experience the same event in a few different cities, and had literally JUST been thinking to myself, “With all of our amazing chefs and restaurants here, why don’t we have our own?”

Dream. Come. True.

Not only is this an INCREDIBLE opportunity to experience our fine-dining gems, such as Bottega or Highlands, for an amazing price (that was my pitch to Husband, too), but you also have an excuse to finally check out those casual eateries you’ve been hearing about but never tried. With three-course menus offered at $10.10, $20.10 and $30.10, there is no better way to experience our food scene.

As for me, I am currently mapping my “plan of attack” (i.e. dinner at Little Savannah Wednesday, Highlands Friday, perhaps a few lunch dates scattered in the middle) with blog posts to follow. Good thing I’ve been saving up! Now if only I could keep from gaining 30 pounds…

Be sure to check out the official 2010 Birmingham Restaurant Week website for more details and menus from participating restaurants. NOTE: Perusing menus is likely to induce sever bouts of hunger and/or salivating over your keyboard. You have been warned.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment