Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sunday Brunch

So, we all know how much I love brunch. So much that I’ve dedicated at least 30% of my blog posts to the subject. And I’m proud to say, I have a new favorite spot…Little Savannah in Forest Park.

I first enjoyed Little Savannah during Birmingham’s first-ever Restaurant Week (a smashing success), and was blown away by the laid-back atmosphere and outstanding food. I’m about to be their neighbor (a fact I am especially ecstatic about), so I knew I had to at least try their bruch before I committed to eating there every Sunday.

It was love at first bite. Oh, who am I kidding, it was love when they didn’t question the red Solo cups of Prosecco that accompanied us into the restaurant (nothing to see here, folks). It just got better from there.

Our visit, made even more enjoyble by the company of some of my favorite people in town (i.e., the lovely EatBHM), looked like this:


*Clockwise, from Top Left: Farm Egg Frittata with Sausage, Potato & Leek, Wright's Cheddar and Lettuces; Provencal Violet Sparkler; Petite Beef Tenderloin with Fingerling Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Poached Egg and White Truffle Oil.



True story – one of our fellow diners ordered the Bananas Foster. Little Savannah was out of bananas. :( No worries, dear Nancy hopped across the street to V. Richards and voila! Ten minutes later we were enjoying TWO dishes of the sweet and delicious dessert – free of charge. They also comped our French Press coffee. I’d say we were more than compensated for the purchase of the bananas. Kudos to Little Savannah for going above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction.

My next visit, a mere week later with more of my favorite people, looked like this:

*Top: Cinnamon Apple and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Smoky Bacon and Maple Syrup; Bottom: Scallops and Grits with Sauteed Mushrooms, Bacon Vinaigrette and Fresh Thyme

The second visit also included Crab Cake Benedict and repeats of the Farm Egg Frittata and Mimosas. Needless to say, every dish tasted even better than it looked and I will absolutely be claiming a cozy little table for my weekly brunch-fix.

1 comment:

  1. We need to plan another brunch again soon! This was so delish!

    ReplyDelete