Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I love Cinco de Mayo for two reasons: guacamole and margaritas (responsibly, of course). Plus, it's a great excuse to throw a party! I've got a couple last-minute ideas here, with recipes and more pics to come after tonight's fiesta. Enjoy!

I'm no florist, BUT I am good with produce. :) This assortment of bell, serano, jalapeno and habanero peppers piled high in a hurricane glass vase is an easy and efficient centerpiece -- and just look at those gorgeous colors! The best part? When the party’s over, just pop them back in your veggie drawer for future use.

My FAVORITE guacamole in the whole entire world comes from Rosa Mexicano. It's prepared table side in a molcajete, with your choice of mild, medium or hot spices (I always go with hot). It makes me happy. Lucky for me, Rosa Mexicano is kind enough to share the recipe on their website. I URGE you to try it (back away from the green mush at the grocery store)...seriously...I mean it.


These yummy Mexican Sushi bites were another one of Husband's ideas...I'm thinking maybe he should just write this blog...but anyway. These were a lot more time-consuming than I thought and I was running out of daylight, so I only have a few pics to post (and no actual recipes - yet). The fun thing about this unique appetizer is that the possibilities are endless. Fill them with anything from avocado and peppers to Spanish rice with rotisserie chicken...delish!


Last but not least, we're trying out Williams-Sonoma's Berry Margarita mix tonight (I love their mixes-- they are always yummy and easy!) in the BIGGEST MARGARITA GLASS YOU'VE EVER SEEN. Can't wait to post pictures...it's actually NOT a margarita glass. It's a big bowl that is meant to float candles in, but I always thought that it looked like margs should be served from it. So that's what we're doing.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the hurricane centerpiece with the assorted peppers! So colorful. Also, Husband's idea of the sushi bites was great.

    ReplyDelete