Friday, April 17, 2009

Let Us Entertain You

I'm headed to Hotlanta this weekend for the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show-- a trade show for cooking and entertaining enthusiasts packed with plenty of food and fun! I'll get to hang with some Food Network favorites, like Tyler Florence, Paula Deen, The Neely's, etc. (and by "hang with" I mean "stare at"), attend workshops and tastings with local chefs, meet vendors from every aspect of the food/entertaining industry and more. In other words, my dream come true. ;) Husband was not quite as enthusiastic... I'm sure the idea of walking around for hours and hours looking at cookware and party ideas is slightly nauseating to most males. Luckily, my mom thought it sounded like a perfect girls weekend/birthday present (my birthday is also this weekend), so she's tagging along and somewhere Husband is breathing a sigh of relief.

My former boss, Martie Duncan (http://www.martieknowsparties.com/), is also presenting four entertaining workshops at the show, so mom and I get to help her out. Martie just got back from a whirlwind weekend in Palm Beach (also with MCES) and said it was FABULOUS! Be sure to check out her blog for some incredible party ideas.

I'll be back on Monday with hopefully some good stories, pictures, ideas, recipes, and maybe even a book signed by Tyler Florence! Happy weekend!

P.S. I'm way behind on posting the recipes and pics from Easter Brunch, but I'll get it done as soon as I get back. Can't wait to share, it was a hit!